Neg Earth Lights have an opportunity for an experienced technician to join the Technical Workshop.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Neg Earth’s equipment is maintained and serviced to the highest and safest standard. You will be part of a professional operations team that ensure the equipment is ready for clients in agreed timescales, working alongside other highly skilled technicians with some of the industries leading technology and brands.
Are you curious about how things work and enjoy solving technical problems? Have you worked in or can demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment? If you have great attention to detail and are resourceful in finding solutions then these technical roles will provide you with the opportunity, training, and guidance to grow your knowledge to a high level of expertise. The smooth running of our operations is dependent upon a collaborative approach and teamwork. You must be able to demonstrate that you can follow set guidelines in addition and work with a diverse group of people. Open and thoughtful communication is key to ours and your success. Working safely within a warehouse environment is a key feature of the role.
If you can remain calm and pragmatic under pressure, then this could be an exciting career move for you.
• The repair of cable, soldered, crimped and screw fixings. Furthermore, the service and maintenance of Dimmers, Distros, Controls, Transformers and Specialist Lighting equipment.
• To test and repair, fault finding, manufacture of lightweight and heavy weight cable assemblies and mains distribution other electrical components including PAT testing, RCD testing (training provided) and logging the test data on the Company database.
• Ensure all equipment is sent out and returned in line with the Company Stock Management process.
• Prepare and maintain intercom systems desirable but training can be provided.
• Stock barcoding
• To maintain stock levels, through liaison with the Equipment Team, reliably maintaining spare parts and stock levels for all the equipment, liaising with manufacturers, suppliers and advise the team lead or senior technician.
• Prepare and maintain kinesys motion control systems preferable but training can be provided.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
• Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
• Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
• Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
• Load and Unload Trucks, when required.
• Ensuring the Warehouse and work areas are always kept in a clean and tidy manner.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Essential Skills Required for this Role
• High level of both written and verbal communication.
• Ability to take ownership / accountability.
• Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Basic level of I.T skills.
Your working hours will be a minimum of 40 hours per week over a period of 5 working days from a 7-day working week (note we include weekends as part of our working pattern), by regular liaison and agreement with your Line Manager, work such days as may reasonably be necessary for the successful completion of activities required.
• Knowledge of equipment used within the entertainment business. This is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Line Management Reporting Line:
• Direct Line Manager, Technical Workshop Manager/Warehouse Manager
• Managing Directors.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.